Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday Mayhem

There has not been enough hours in the day for me to focus my attention on other things that I enjoy - such as blogging. I apologize for the lateness on my posts.
My dad celebrated his 65th birthday last Saturday. My sisters and I were very happy to see how many people attended to celebrate another milestone in our father's life. My mom requested to have mass celebrated at their home. The priest (his name escapes me for the moment) who gave the mass impressed me. I have not had many priests put an impact on me through their sermons. However, this Priest surely did. His words were so simple, humorous and flowed like water right into my ears. He addressed issues that many people forget due to our busy lives. Towards the end of the ceremony, the priest had requested for people to speak and say a few words to my Dad. As expected, my mom went first. It was short, sweet and simple. I was hoping for a longer monologue, but she may have been short of words at that moment. Believe me, for my mom to be short of words is unbelievable. Being the oldest one, I knew that my 2 younger sisters would not go first to speak. They gave me that "OH HELL NO, YOU GO FIRST" look. My speech was more of a short 2 sentence comment that ended up being said in a shakey & tearful manner. I thanked my Dad for being wonderful not only to me, my sisters and my boys, but most especially for being a life-time partner for my mom. That's when the tears began to flow. My youngest sister, Eliza took home the award for the most touching speech yet. Words of love began to pour out of her heart and accompanying them were tears, many, many tears. We all felt how much she loved our dad.
The party was a success! Everyone had a great time. I took several pictures, which I will edit and post very soon! There was a wonderful addition to what made my Dad's birthday memorable - Manny Pacquiao, the boxer from the Philippines, won his boxing match!!

1 comment:

Princess said...

You made me cry then and you make me cry now, Rondah!!!